Lisa Eldridge is one of the most preeminent makeup artists in the fashion editorial space today, working with nearly every A-list female in Hollywood. Her blog is full of interesting tutorials and articles, and Eldridge recently posted a fascinating interview with Madeleine Marsh, historian and author of Compacts and Cosmetics: Beauty from Victorian Times to the Present Day.
Watch as Marsh guides Eldridge through an impressive collection of cosmetics from the Victorian era through the '70s. Her cabinet of cosmetic curiosities has some fantastic relics, so stay tuned for: a miniscule shaver from the '20s for ridding body hair on the go, lipstick concealed in the handle of a '30s hairbrush, a '40s compact in the shape of an army G.I. cap, and more.
Part I & Part II in the gallery below; Skip ahead to 2:22 for the actual beginning of the interview. Scroll further down for Eldrige's own tutorial on creating the classic vintage Pin Up look.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades