Ah, the art of applying eyeliner. Bad habit of going just a weee bit too heavy? Having a hard time keeping your line nice and steady? Is it really supposed to go INSIDE the outer edge of your eye? Jezebel received a flood of woes such as these, and therefore asked their readers to send in all of their best eyeliner tips.
The results are great! Check 'em out. First response below.
1. Take your time!
2. Sharpen the pencil, and heat it up a little. If it's liquid, make sure there are no clumps.
3. Rest the elbow of your chosen arm on a hard surface, and then rest your wrist on your face (while you are holding the pencil/brush). This will reduce the problem of applying too much on your eye.
4. Apply the eyeliner. You can tilt your head back slightly and bring your eyes to a semi-open state. It allows you to see what you're doing. Also, let your body tell yo what's more comfortable.
5. If you want thicker lashes, apply it on top lash line. Look at one spot in the mirror, while your doing this one. *If you are using liquid liner, let it to dry before opening your eyes all the way, or the eyeliner will transfer into the crease of your eye! Wave your hands on them if you want them to dry quicker.
6. If you want to soften the eyeliner, use a Q-tip. If you want to correct a mistake, use a Q-tip dipped in eye make up remover.
7. When it comes to the lower lid, trace the outside of your eye, and follow the shape of your eye. Go light, and repeat where you want it to be darker. The line should usually be slightly thicker at the outside, and thinner the closer you are to the nose.
Just work on it. Don't be discouraged. When you fail completely, wash it off take 5, and go back to it.
More of a visual learner? If that's the case, you may prefer video instruction. Check out WonderHowTo's selection of HowTo videos in the gallery below.
It’s Black Friday week on WonderHowTo! Don’t miss out on all of the big sales in the Gadget Hacks and Null Byte shops. And if you’ve been wanting to take some classes without going into debt, check out our best deals on online courses for a variety of skill sets. Don’t miss out on these huge discounts: