Gwen Stefani famously said that her makeup and fashion look is a hybrid between '50s pin up and chola. While cholas get a bad rep for going a wee too crazy with the eyeliner, brow liner, and lipliner (black-rimmed lips filled in with nude lipstick? Not attractive), they do their smokey eyes well and for some, red lipstick is practically a uniform.
Watch this makeup tutorial by Lauren Luke to learn how to create a sultry yet wearable smokey eye paired with strong brows and bold cherry red lips. You could wear this pin up inspired combo to the office, even, since the colors are muted just enough that they won't cause a stir when you walk into the room.
Products used are:
Bylaurenluke eye primer both together
Bylaurenluke my smokey classics palette
cashmere cream eye shadow
twilight ash eye shadow
Benefit bad gal liner black
Benefit bad lash mascara
Estee lauder bronzer
MAC eye brow pencil stud
MAC m.a.c red lipstick
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades