Flappers held as their core fashion mantra that they wanted to liberate themselves from the rigidity of female forms of dress, from the petticoats and corsets, opting instead for manly attire. Not only was it more comfortable, but guys' clothing created a straight up and down silhouette, making all feminine curves disappear.
While flappers dressed in a novel, sometimes masculine way, they certainly didn't wear less makeup. Rather than the minimal makeup (or no makeup) advocated during the Victorian era, they drew in pencil-thin eyebrows, used lots of matte black shadow, and went for showstopping lip colors. To learn how to create a flapper inspired makeup look, check out this video.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades