You don't have to be a makeup artist to do a great smoky eye. Here we break down the process for you so you, too, can get that look.
Step 1 Prepare
Put on all of your face makeup, excluding eye makeup, and add concealer to your eyelids for staying power.
Step 2 Base shadow
Apply a medium eye shadow to your lid and crease.
Step 3 Darker shadow
Use a darker shadow on the upper third of eye lid, beginning at the outside corner.
Step 4 Darkest shadow
Work the darkest shadow into the crease and make a "V" around the outside corner using a contour brush.
Step 5 Highlighter
Apply highlighter to your brow bone and inner corners.
Step 6 Eyeliner
Apply eyeliner to top and bottom lash lines.
Step 7 Blend
Use a contour brush to blend shadows together. Don't forget to clean up any stray marks.
Step 8 Finish
Curl lashes and put on a coat or two of mascara. Add some lip color.
- Use any group of shadows, just make sure to go from lighter to darker from lid to crease and keep it in the same color family.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades